- Rowden Technologies
- Emersons Green, GB
- Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
- Remote & On-site
- £ 28,500 - 80,000
- star_border Bleeding edge technology and projects
- star_border Highly competitive salaries
- star_border Free food on site
- star_border A robust employee wellness package
- star_border More engineers than sales people!
- star_border Flexible working
- star_border Select your own IT
- star_border A matched pension scheme
About the Job
Are you the kind of hands-on technical professional who is excited by the opportunity to solve unique and challenging problems that will have a genuine impact on people’s lives?
As a member of our Mission Systems team, you will develop and build solutions to complexand unique engineering challenges. You must possess a unique combination of deep technical skills as well as a‘do what it takes’ attitude to ensure our customers are able to take full advantage of cutting-edge technology to help achieve their mission.Technical areas of the workmay include the Linux kernel, device drivers, embeddedfirmware, performance tuning, debugging and compilation tools, tests and release management.
Ideally, you’re someone who can write code with the best of them butcan also help structure technical problems for analysis and define approaches for overcoming them. You should have a passion for technology and stay current with emerging trends that could impact or benefit our users. If you want to be involved in a company that is constantly breaking new ground in a sector normally seen as stagnant, then we like to talk to you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field orequivalent practical experience.
- Previous experience developing software targeting android, QNX, or embedded Linux.
- Two or more programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C, Python).
- Experience with ARM/ARM64 architecture, compilers, firmware, Operating systems, Linuxkernel, filesystems / storage, device drivers, performance tuning, networking tools, tests,virtualisation, platform libraries, etc.
- Experience developing and designing large software systems.
- Developing proof-of-concepts and prototypes as necessary to demonstrate technicalfeasibility of solutions.
- Work proactively to help resolve technical issues for industry partners and end users.
- Assess technical challenges and define potential solution approaches.
- Work alongside domain experts to provide advice on how best to integrate innovative technologies into existing capability.
Due to the security requirements of this role, only UK/US/Aus/NZ/Can nationals will be taken forward for interview.