- La Mesa, CA, US
- Senior, Lead
- star_border Health Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision
- star_border Company-Paid Life Insurance
- star_border PTO & Sick Leave
- star_border Flex Hours
- star_border Parental Leave
- star_border Beer & Wine
- star_border Fully-Stocked Kitchen
- star_border Technologically Advanced Environment
About the Role
We are looking for an Android developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. We will be advancing the election industry with the goal of increasing voter turnout and creating a government that better represents it’s population.
This role requires expert knowledge in Android security practices. You will be required to create apps that meet the most stringent security requirements which will require knowledge of malware and root device detection, secure network communication, secure storage, trusted execution environments, various encryption protocols and blockchain transactions.
What You’ll Do
- Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in software development
- Working experience in Android development
- Working knowledge of Android security features
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play store
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Kotlin is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of blockchain fundamentals
- Node.js experience
- TypeScript Experience
- iOS Development Experience
- Thrive in early-stage startup environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability and personal accountability
- Self-motivated and resourceful individual
- Curious, life long learner who enjoys solving interesting problems
- Bonus: Politically and socially engaged; excited about elections industry